A Share Certificate is the credit union version of a Certificate of Deposit (CD). It’s an account you deposit money into for a certain period of time. That money then earns dividends over that period.
Your funds are fully insured by the federal government (NCUA) up to $250,000 so your money is safe and sound while the dividends compound every quarter. It’s a low-risk way to earn a high return on your money.
Here's how it works
- Deposit a minimum of $1,000 with a guaranteed Annual Percentage Yield1.
- Collect dividends that are compounded and credited monthly.
- At the end of your certificate’s term, withdraw your money plus the dividends you’ve earned, or roll over your earnings into a new certificate.
- Competitive dividend rates
- No service fees2
- Dividends can be kept in Certificate or transferred to another UTFCU account3
- Automatic renewal or transfer at maturity3
To apply or inquire about any of UTFCU’s business services:
The information you'll need to apply:
- Business documentation such as filing documents, organization documents, articles of incorporation and/or certificate of resolution
- Business Tax ID
- Name and address of the business
- The state in which the business operates
- The state in which the business was formed
- Date the business was established
- The SSN, address, and DOB of the business owners and all beneficial owners. Learn about beneficial owners HERE.