GreenPath Financial Wellness
UTFCU has partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to provide you with access to one-on-one financial counseling, debt management services, and financial education tools.
As a national non-profit, GreenPath has been assisting individuals across the country for nearly 60 years and will work with you to provide the best possible options based on your individual financial situation.
As a member of UTFCU, you can receive assistance with:
- Financial Counseling – You have access to free, one-on-one financial counseling, and debt counseling delivered by caring, certified experts. They’ll help you to understand your situation, learn about options, and make a plan to meet your goals.
- Debt Management Services - If you have high-interest credit card debt, a GreenPath debt management plan may be able to help lower your interest rates so you can pay off debt faster.
- Housing Services – Take advantage of foreclosure prevention services, home buyer preparation assistance, and reverse mortgage counseling.
- Credit Report Review - Understand your personal credit report and how to improve your score.
- Student Loan Counseling - Understand repayment options that can postpone or lower your payments. Learn the pros and cons of each strategy so you can make an informed decision on which is best for you.
Financial conversations don’t need to be painful! Call GreenPath today at (877) 337-3399, and one of their kind, caring, certified counselors will help you access the resources and experiences you need to make informed financial decisions and find your path to a bright financial future. It’s free, no-pressure, and 100% confidential.
Want them to call you instead?
Financial Education Classes
UTFCU offers a wide variety of financial education classes, available to community groups or member groups upon request. Topics available include:
- The American Dream- Homebuyer Education
- Understanding Your Credit Report and Score
- The Psychology of Spending
- Identity Theft
- Steps to Financial Freedom
- Options for Dealing with Debt
- Money Management Through Transitions
- Your Money 101- Teaching Kids About Money
- Money Concepts for Teens and Young Adults
- and more!
Mad City Money
As a part of our dedication to financial education, UTFCU conducts Mad City Money workshops for community and school groups upon member request.
Offered as a two hour hands-on simulation or a classroom workshop, Mad City Money gives youth a taste of the real world - complete with occupation, salary, spouse, student loan debt, credit card debt, and medical insurance payments. They make mistakes - and suffer the consequences of their decisions - in a realistic, but safe, environment. Once the shock wears off, they reevaluate choices and manage their money effectively.
Mad City Money is approved as a financial education resource for students by the Jump$tart Clearinghouse, based on the National Standards in K-12 Personal Finance Education.