Visa TravelMoney is a prepaid, reloadable Visa debit card which offers travelers a safer, more convenient alternative to traveler’s checks and cash.
In addition to being accepted by millions of merchants worldwide, TravelMoney cards can also be used at an ATM for quick access to your funds. UTFCU offers TravelMoney cards in amounts between $100 and $5,000 and only charges a $4.95 setup fee.
How Visa TravelMoney Works
- Members purchase and fund a Visa TravelMoney card at a UT Federal Credit Union branch with cash, check or UTFCU credit card.
- 24 hours after the card has been sold, the member calls the toll-free number to activate their card and change their PIN.
- The cardholder can reload their cards from the convenience of their home via a secured internet site just for their Visa TravelMoney card
- Cardholders can make purchases at merchants and get US currency or foreign local currency at ATMs worldwide.
- Cardholders receive travel benefits at no cost to the cardholder! These Travel Benefits are 90-day Purchase Protection, Travel & Emergency assistance and Lost Luggage reimbursement.